Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what a ship is for.

Today I had a meeting with the peace corps office here to talk about safety concerns and about my departure.    I was really reassured to hear another side of these 20/20 stories, and was interested to find out that the majority of the women who were assaulted were on vacation during their service and not actually in their villages.   There is still a lot to learn, and I'm sure that with every new experience this will be somewhat scary in the beginning but, this is life, and I'm willing to take this risk.   I am excited to see what happens in the future.  I received an email this afternoon that said that my medical forms had been received and that if I'm leaving in four months I should keep an eye out for packages and if i wasn't that I should just hang tight, and well, i don't know my departure range, that wasn't included in my nomination form.    BUT I emailed the director in chicago to give me a more definite answer on departure dates/ranges, and should find out soon,  until then.

2 comments:

  1. "Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

    So blessed to have such a regal friend! Who is funny, cool and interesting hehehe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of the little girl who missed her mom and dad so bad when they went on vacation. I think you were 7 or 8... ;) You have really grown into quite the adventurous person. I wish you the best ALWAYS. God Bless!

    ~Karla

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Kristi goes to africa


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones